Profile Picture

Cascading lookup no longer works after increasing # items in child list

Posted By Martine 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Cascading lookup no longer works after increasing # items in child...

Author
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Forum Newbie

Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Hi,

I have an issue with my cascading look up. It occurs when increasing the size of the child list items.
It looks like this:
master level = sales territories
child level = revenue streams/measures

http://forum.kwizcom.com/Uploads/Images/df163e76-ba27-4827-a598-313e.PNG

the screenshot is taken from a list in testing phase. i only used few sales territories and revenue streams for testing purposes. We now want to roll out the list to all our sales so rather than just those few test items in the child level list, I now have about 12000 items. And now the cascading lookup no longer works.
So I guess I have to trim down the number of items in my child list, but to what extend? What is the maximum number of list items that can be in the child list in order for the cascading lookup to work???
Igor
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supreme Being

Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi,

From the screenshot, I see that you use old version of Cascading Lookup. Please try to upgrade to the latest version which you can download from KWizCom site (http://www.kwizcom.com). You may have a problem with threshold limit. Try to create a standard Lookup field to the same list and see if it works. You can try the following things:
  • Try to increase threshold limit.
  • Try to add all field which you use in Cascading lookup to Indexed Columns
 Thanks,

Igor,
KWizCom