Profile Picture

Tag column is read only in datasheet view

Posted By John_Ravas 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
I have created a tag column in a SharePoint site collection.  I have defined the column to use a 'Hierarchical category tree' and use an existing tag list.  When editing an item, I can tag as expected.  However, I would like to mass populate the existing items in my list using the datasheet view.  When I put a view in datasheet mode and move to a cell under the tag column, it shows as read-only.  I have tried tweaking the settings for the column and cannot seem to get it out of read only mode.

Ideas?
Shai
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hi John,

I am sorry, but custom fields are not supported in data sheet view. This is true for all custom field types unfortunately, and will not change even in 2010.

I do have a suggestion for you, if you are willing to be a part of our beta testing program.

We are working on a new product that will support some sort of inline editing for fields, that supports multiple item updates and custom fields.

If you are interested, please drop me an email to shai at kwizcom dot com, I will see if we can get a beta version to you, or even some more information about the new product I was referring to.

--------------------------------
Shai Petel