Profile Picture

KWiz WikiPlus Discussion Boards

Posted By june.ellern@IGT 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Forum Newbie

Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Hello!

We just purchased the WikiPlus addon for SharePoint 2010.  I have created our first wiki and love the interface over SharePoint's native one.

However, I'm having issues with the Discussion boards for each page.  Is there any way the discussions at the bottom of each page show up so that it not only shows the original post, but any replies and subsequent replies to those replies on the same page?

The only way that I could make the application show me ANY discussion replies was to change the style of the view to 'Threaded' and the style to 'Preview Pane', and then the replies don't even show up on the same page as the original post!

Any assistance, even a link to a user manual is MUCH appreciated!

June.
Kevin
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Forum Member

Forum Member (35 reputation)Forum Member (35 reputation)Forum Member (35 reputation)Forum Member (35 reputation)Forum Member (35 reputation)Forum Member (35 reputation)Forum Member (35 reputation)Forum Member (35 reputation)Forum Member (35 reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
I'm having a little trouble understanding the scope of your question. At the bottom of our WikiPlus pages we use a control to render all the recent discussions for the page. There is no "threaded" view on the WikiPlus page itself.

If you wish to see a threaded/flat view on the actual WikiPlus page, then I would recommend adding a list view webpart, pointing it to the discussion folder for the WikiPlus page and setting the view to threaded.

An alternative could also be to edit the following file:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\TEMPLATE\CONTROLTEMPLATES\WikiPlusTemplates.ascx

There is a rendering template in ascx file called "ResentDiscussionsForm" that handles how the posts are displayed at the bottom of the WikiPlus pages. It is possible to change this template so that it has your own custom control, or uses a list view webpart to show a threaded view of the discussions of the page.

Cheers,
Kevin

Product Development Manager
KWizCom
Markham, Ontario