Profile Picture

Mail notification text length limitation (Single Line of text?)

Posted By cxc 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Mail notification text length limitation (Single Line of text?)

Author
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Forum Newbie

Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
I had (have) the following problem with the notification plugin.

I configured the notification and rules - first just for testing with a short text in an eMail like "notification on {ITEMLINK}".  Everything was fine.
As a next step, I changed the eMail text to something more meaningful. I could store the changes on the notification, but when I tried to close the notification screen by clicking OK, it repeated to show the notification screen.
I played around some time, removing different parts of the mail and finally noticed that the length of the mail caused the problem.

Digging a little deeper, I noticed that in the KSNF Rules List, a field with the title "Email Text" exists, which is of the type "single line of text".
Can this cause the problem?

Shouldn't an eMail be able to be longer than 256 characters?

Thanks for any opinions,
Christof
Kevin
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Forum Member

Forum Member (35 reputation)Forum Member (35 reputation)Forum Member (35 reputation)Forum Member (35 reputation)Forum Member (35 reputation)Forum Member (35 reputation)Forum Member (35 reputation)Forum Member (35 reputation)Forum Member (35 reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Christof,

The email text currently is limited to 256 characters because it is, as you pointed out, stored in a single line of text field. As a workaround, if you wish to increase the length, you can modify the rule list email body field to be a multiline text field and specify the max length you wish.

Cheers,
Kevin

Product Development Manager
KWizCom
Markham, Ontario
Edited
8 Years Ago by Kevin
lmc2406
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Forum Newbie

Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)

Kevin,

Could you help me to do a notification message with web part? I do not know how can I do TOKENS?

I look forward to hearing from you,

Regards,
Lilian
Igor
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supreme Being

Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi Lilian,

Can you tell me exactly which type of message you want to have there. Can you send us an example?

Thanks,

Igor,
KWizCom 
lmc2406
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Forum Newbie

Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)

The message have 2  paragraphs (with the same length as BBC) after 1 table and 1 paragraphs  like that: 

"Dear Client X,

"The resolution will be discussed at an imminent UN Security Council meeting on the deepening Syrian crisis.The talks come after a day of particularly heavy bloodshed and with the army on the streets in Damascus. More than 100 people were killed across the country on Monday, including 40 civilians, said activists Continue reading the main story Analysis Jim Muir BBC News, Beirut It looks as though the violence in Syria could go on and on. 

The resolution will be discussed at an imminent UN Security Council meeting on the deepening Syrian crisis.The talks come after a day of particularly heavy bloodshed and with the army on the streets in Damascus. More than 100 people were killed across the country on Monday, including 40 civilians, said activists Continue reading the main story Analysis Jim Muir BBC News, Beirut It looks as though the violence in Syria could go on and on."

Begin Table of List with fields:

Employee
[Item:Employee]

Costs
[Item:Costs]

IDEmployee:
[Item:ID]

More fields..

Finish Table

"The resolution will be discussed at an imminent UN Security Council meeting on the deepening Syrian crisis.The talks come after a day of particularly heavy bloodshed and with the army on the streets in Damascus. More than 100 people were killed across the country on Monday, including 40 civilians, said activists Continue reading the main story Analysis Jim Muir BBC News, Beirut It looks as though the violence in Syria could go on and on."

Regards,
Company"

Igor
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supreme Being

Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)

Hi Lilian,

The tokens in format {Item:FieldName} and not [Item:FieldName].

Please let me know if it helped.

Thanks,

Igor,
KWizCom 
lmc2406
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Forum Newbie

Hi Igor.

Unfortenaly not, because I realy need know how can I write one large text like my last post on notification body text? How is the best way?

Cheers,
Lilian
Igor
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supreme Being

Hi,

I sent you an email. Please confirm that you get it and contact me back.

Thanks,

Igor,
KWizCom