Profile Picture

Performance Problems with long lists

Posted By Erich 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Forum Newbie

Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Hi,

we are using ListFilter for a long SharePoint 2010 List (5000 entries)

Opening the site with the ListFilter webpart takes more than 5 sec  - otherwise < 1 sec.

Are there some option to speed up the Filter (like delayed loading)

BR

Erich
Igor
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supreme Being

Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi,

Please check the post: http://forum.kwizcom.com/Topic433.aspx

Please let me know if you need more help.

Igor,
KWizCom 
yrrgeirs
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Forum Newbie

Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Hmmm, this is not a performance problem solution that works for me (having the same problem, list filter+ adds TEN seconds to page load time for a library with 1800 documents)! Because by doing this (changing source list for filters) you miss out on some important features! Or maybe you have a way to improve performance and still get the following features I need: a) changing from drop-down to text field is not an option since I don´t want my users to have to remember all the values that they can filter by.b) by changing the source list of the filters, you miss out on the cascading filtering. I want my second drop down filter only to show values that belong to the results of the first filtering (which happens when you connect your filter web part to the listview web part)..... By choosing a new source list, this feature is no longer available (drop downs show ALL possible values for whole list, I have a lot of values so this is not an option)
So in result, this is not really a "solution", just a different way of filtering that happens to have better performance than the other solution.... :( Can you help me?
Igor
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supreme Being

Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)

Hi,

The problem here that we need to over all items in the list in order to get all distinct values. I will check with our R&D if we can optimise the code. 

BTW. in the same filter you can have the drop-downs with different data-sources. So, first one will pull values form standalone data-source and second one from the same connected web part. It will still have cascading feature in the case.

Thanks,

Igor,
KWizCom 
yrrgeirs
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Forum Newbie

Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)

Thank´s for your reply! 

Regarding the cascading feature, my problem is that I have three tiers (three multiple choice lookup columns) and it is the third and last tier that has the most values! I´m also guessing that is the one slowing things down the most....but I really need that one specifically to depend on the filtered view (i.e. cascading feature) to have fewer choices as the first and second tiers are selected....)

The first tier only has about 12 values, so it makes no difference in speed to connect it to another source list :(

I would really appreciate it if you could check if there is some way to optimize....? Or even if it were possible as an option to cache the values in some way so they don´t need to reload every time we refresh the page or clear the values. Even If the values would just load once a day (the values in the lookup-columns do change, but no very often)

...or if you have some other suggestion to help us with the speed, would be greatly appreciated! :D
yrrgeirs
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Forum Newbie

Hi, so what do you say?
Any way you can help us with this? :)
We will be using your web part filter solution for our document library, used by around 1000 persons.... The initial load (and reload, f.ex. when clearing all filters) of the page is still pretty slow with only 1700 documents, but I am afraid it will get worse as we keep adding to the document library....What will happen when we have 3000 documents? 4000?.....

So -- any help on adding to the performance would be greatly appreciated! Even if it takes a while to optimize or even add some cache-ing feature or what have you? ...we will be using your solution for our company so optimization on this would be wonderful! 

Thanks,
Yrr Geirs

p.s. besides from the performance issue, we are very happy with the product!
yrrgeirs
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Forum Newbie

Hi, any news?
Any ideas on how to speed up our page/library filter...? :)
yrrgeirs
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Forum Newbie

Hey, any news on making the drop down loading any faster??
We are in the air now with 1000 users  and 2000 documents and counting.....

People are going crazy on how slow the "search" is....

Looking forward hearing from you.
Igor
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supreme Being

Hi,

After some research we still think that it a configuration issue. How many items you have in the actual drop-down list in the filter? Is it possible to change it to textbox and see if performance is better?

Thanks,

Igor,
KWizCom 
brent
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Forum Newbie

Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
I have the same problem on a large library using the List Filter Plus.  It takes 18 seconds for the page to load.

I thought about setting up another list as the source list to speed up the filtering, but new items/metadata wouldn't appear until it was manually resynchronized.  It would be great if there was a way to speed up this web part add-in.  Caching was suggested by another person in the thread; I think that would be a great idea.

Any help would be appreciated on this topic.

Thank you!