Profile Picture

Problem uninstalling List Forms Extension

Posted By leeta 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Forum Newbie

Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Hi,

I used stsadmin to retract and uninstall the .wsps for List Forms Extesion.
After that, whenever we create a new web app, follow by new site collection, blank site. When we create a new document library there, we get this error.

11/09/2011 13:42:09.10     w3wp.exe (0x0618)                           0x0D14    SharePoint Foundation             Runtime                           tkau    Unexpected    System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'KWizCom.SharePoint.Foundation, Version=13.2.89.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30fb4ddbec95ff8f' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.    at KWizCom.SharePoint.Features.SLFEFeature.SLFEViewSelectorMenu..ctor()     at ASP._controltemplates____slfedefaulttemplates_ascx.__BuildControl__control87()     at ASP._controltemplates____slfedefaulttemplates_ascx.__BuildControl__control86()     at ASP._controltemplates____slfedefaulttemplates_ascx.__BuildControl__control84(Control __ctrl)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls.TemplateBasedControl.CreateChildControls()     at System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls()     at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls.TemplateBasedControl.OnLoad(EventArgs e)  ...    d6ed19f7-8ba9-4dca-94f8-59533dabf31b
11/09/2011 13:42:09.10*    w3wp.exe (0x0618)                           0x0D14    SharePoint Foundation             Runtime                           tkau    Unexpected    ...   at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()     at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()     at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()     at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()     at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()     at System.Web.UI.Control.AddedControl(Control control, Int32 index)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.DataFormWebPart.CreateChildControls()     at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.BaseXsltListWebPart.CreateChildControls()     at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.WebPartMobileAdapter.CreateChildControls()     at System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls()     at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()     at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()     at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()     at System.Web.UI.Control.PreR...    d6ed19f7-8ba9-4dca-94f8-59533dabf31b

Futher investigation showed if I add the following entries to the web.config of the new web app, we will not get this error.

So, my question is how do I completely uninstall List Forms Extension and remove all the references to it and its dependencies.

Could you please assist? Thanks heaps. Our SharePoint is 20010 SP1, Jun CU

Cheers
Igor
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supreme Being

Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi,

Could you please check that all SLFE files (___SLFEDefaultTemplates) were removed from C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\TEMPLATE\CONTROLTEMPLATES folder in each WFE server.

Igor,
KWizCom 
leeta
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Forum Newbie

Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)

Sorry, forgot to paste the web.config entries:

Futher investigation showed if I add the following entries to the web.config of the new web app, we will not get this error.
<dependentAssembly>
        <assemblyIdentity name="KWizCom.Foundation" publicKeyToken="30fb4ddbec95ff8f" culture="neutral" />
        <bindingRedirect oldVersion="1.0.0.0-20.0.0.00" newVersion="13.2.93.0" />
      </dependentAssembly>
      <dependentAssembly>
        <assemblyIdentity name="Aspose.Cells" publicKeyToken="716fcc553a201e56" culture="neutral" />
        <bindingRedirect oldVersion="1.0.0.0-20.0.0.0" newVersion="5.2.1.0" />
      </dependentAssembly>
leeta
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Forum Newbie

Hi Igor,

Thanks for replying. I have received the same suggestion from the KwizCom Support team.

I have checked the template folders and found the following:

KwizCom_KSME folder
KwizCom_SLFE folder

___KSMEDefaultTemplates.ascx
___SLFEDefaultTemplates.ascx

I have deleted them and the error has gone away. So thank you. It would be good if KwizCom have a clear instruction uninstalling it from SP 2010 though.
At the moment, this is what I got from the User Guide:"Retract and delete the solution using SharePoint central admin or by using stsadm/powershell command line."

As we had to install multiple .wsp for the List Forms Extension, it is not clear which one should we uninstall first and whether we should deactivate and uninstall the feature first before we uninstall the solution.  Those confusions could be the reason why we didnt have a clean uninstallation.

Anyway, just a suggestion. Thank you and the support team for the prompt reply.

Regards,

leeta

Igor
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supreme Being

Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi,

Unfortunately we do not have any control on SharePoint's deploy/retract solution process. Seems something went wrong in your servers during retract and the files were not remove properly.

Thanks,

Igor,
KWizCom