Profile Picture

Create folders in Wiki Pages

Posted By Ram 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Forum Newbie

Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Is it possible to create folders in Wiki Pages Library? I see that the template does not allow folder creation. We need to restrict some Wiki content to certain users. We thought creating pages inn folders and setting permissions would solve the problem. Since folder creation is not supported, is there another way we can accomplish this? I do not want to break permissions for each and every page which is the only way you have to do if all pages are at the same level.

Thanks,
Ram
Igor
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supreme Being

Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi,

You can use different WikiPlus libraries instead of folders. It will allow you to use different permission per WikiPlus library.

Thanks,

Igor,
KWizCom 
Ram
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Forum Newbie

Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)

I tried to use Wiki Documents library. Since it does not have WikiPlus Page content type, I added it to the library and tried to create new Wiki pages but it complained that the column "DiscussionFolder" was missing. So I manually created that column. But when I try to create new Wiki Pages in that library all pages are getting created in the root folder. Even thought I navigate to a sub folder and try to create a new WikiPlus page, it is created at the root folder of the library.
I would like find out how I can create a wiki pages in a hirerachy similar to one  below.

WikiPlus Documents --> Asia --> India --> IndiaOverView.aspx
WikiPlus Documents --> Asia --> China --> ChinaOverView.aspx
WikiPlus Documents --> Europe --> Germany --> GermanyOverView.aspx

This way, I can control user permissions on folders and hide some country information from certain users. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks
Ram
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Forum Newbie

Sorry, I mis understood your reply and sent a message. Please ignore that.

I do not want to use multiple libraries as we have 100s of categories and it will be hard to create libraries for each category. Is there a reason why folders are not supported? SharePoint 2010 wiki libraries support folders. We really like WikiPlus but right now this is our main concern. Curios to know if there is a better approach to handle our scenario.

Thanks,
Ram
Igor
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supreme Being

Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)

Hi Richard,

Currently WikiPlus does not support  folders inside library. I'll send you request to our Product manager in order to discuss the changes.

Thanks,

Igor,
KWizCom 
Edited
8 Years Ago by Igor
snpshu
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Forum Newbie

Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Hi Igor ,

Current version still has no such feature for two years . Is there a plan to enhance this issue ?

Thanks
Igor
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supreme Being

Hi,

As I know it is not supported by design. I suggest you to contact KWizCom support (support@kwizcom.com) and verify the issue.

Thanks,

Igor,
KWizCom