Profile Picture

Server out of memory

Posted By dchillman 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Forum Newbie

Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
I connected the filter web part to List B. I created a filter on List A on a calculated field Field A and tied it to Field B in List B.  Everthing seemed to go well until I tried to use the filter.  After selecting a value from the filter dropdown, I get a "Server Out of Memory" error.  I must note that List A is very big.  Is there something I can configure to make this web part work in this situation?

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[OutOfMemoryException: Server Out Of MemoryThere is no memory on the server to run your program. Please contact your administrator with this problem.]   Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequestInternalClass.GetListItemDataWithCallback(String bstrUrl, String bstrListName, String bstrViewName, String bstrViewXml, SAFEARRAYFLAGS fSafeArrayFlags, ISP2DSafeArrayWriter pSACallback, ISPDataCallback pPagingCallback, ISPDataCallback pSchemaCallback) +0   Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequest.GetListItemDataWithCallback(String bstrUrl, String bstrListName, String bstrViewName, String bstrViewXml, SAFEARRAYFLAGS fSafeArrayFlags, ISP2DSafeArrayWriter pSACallback, ISPDataCallback pPagingCallback, ISPDataCallback pSchemaCallback) +132   Microsoft.SharePoint.SPListItemCollection.EnsureListItemsData() +1525   Microsoft.SharePoint.SPListItemCollection.GetDataTable() +182   Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.ListViewWebPart.GetDataTableFromListView() +1457   Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.ListViewWebPart.EnsureConnectionData(Boolean fForceSetTables) +455   Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.ListViewWebPart.EnsureData(Int32 token) +869   Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.SharePointDataProvider.Execute() +291   Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.SPWebPartManager.ActivateV2Connections() +934   Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.SPWebPartManager.ActivateV2ConnectionsAndSharePointDataFetch() +101   Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.SPWebPartManager.ActivateConnections() +87   System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts.WebPartManager.OnPageLoadComplete(Object sender, EventArgs e) +55   System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0   System.Web.UI.Page.OnLoadComplete(EventArgs e) +8698646   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +735
Igor
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supreme Being

Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi,

If you have big list it is better to have separate list as datasource. Please check ListFilter Plus performance issue topic.

Thanks,

Igor,
KWizCom