Profile Picture

Users with Contribute Permission cannot safe changes to wiki pages

Posted By Marco 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Users with Contribute Permission cannot safe changes to wiki pages

Author
Cry Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I have set up some wikis as subsites of a wiki sitecollection.

Now i notice that in some of these wikis, users who are members of the member group (with contribute permissions) aren't able to safe changes to wiki pages. They are able to switch to edit mode but when they click on "safe" the page remains in edit mode and nothing gets changed at all.

Even when i create a new user group with full controll permissions, users inside this group cannot safe in some wikis.
The only users who are able to safe are the ones inside the owner group that was initially created with the site.

I've spent hours searching differences to wikis where the problem doesn't occur but found nothing :(

Has anyone ever seen such a behaviour or a good idea regarding possible causes?

Any guidance or even workarounds will be much appreciate as the golive date approaches...

Marco

p.s. i use sp 2010 - and permission inheritance is unbroken

Igor
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supreme Being

Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)

Group: Administrators
Hi,

I think the WikiPlus setting was changed and allows now to modify pages only to Owners and Knowledge Trustee.
Please check the flowing setting:

1. Go to "Site Settings" and to "KWizCom WikiPlus Management"
  2. In the settings page check the  "Edit page rights" settings.  You should have "Everyone who has edit rights" selected if you want 
    everybody edit WikiPlus page.http://forum.kwizcom.com/Uploads/Images/f8af26db-61ff-45d2-af32-9b07.png

Thanks,
Igor

Igor,
KWizCom 
Marco
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Hello Igor,

thanks for the hint.
I checked the Edit page rights settings and found out that they were correct.

I continued to research and remembered that in our Wiki Pages Library we configured the Column "Page Owner" so that only members of our wiki owner group could be selected.

This was the key:
People with sufficient permissions (contribute) couldn't safe pages because they weren't allowed to lookup the users of that wiki owner group as long as they were not inside this group.
Apparently this field lookup is required to safe the page.
Thus, changing the group setting "Who can view the membership of the group?" from Group Members to Everyone finaly solved the issue!

Regards, Marco