Profile Picture

Cascading lookup plus field not filtered out in Edit view of an item

Posted By lentyai 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Cascading lookup plus field not filtered out in Edit view of an item

Author
QuestionMark Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Hi,

I have the following issue:

I have 2 lists, let's say companies and contacts where each contact relates to single company while each company may have 0->infinity contacts. The field Company is defined as Cascading Lookup field for Contacts with Reverse lookup of Contacts for Companies list.

The issue is that in View mode of Company I see a grid of contacts that are related to the company viewed (which is totally okay) but in Edit mode of the Company item I see a grid of all contacts from the Contacts list (no filtering at all) with checkboxes selected (and orange background color) for all contacts that are related to the Company being updated. I need to see a grid of only those contacts that are related to the Company updated just like in View mode (wthout contacts that are related to other companies).

What is going wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Ilya
Igor
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supreme Being

Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)Supreme Being (415 reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi,

It is working correctly. You supposed to see all items in order to be able to edit the field (select new items). You can filter the view by selected items if you filter it by checked/unchecked (see image below)

Thanks,

Igor,
KWizCom 
lentyai
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Igor hi,

Thanks for your reply.

We've already found a solution for that: the option "Edit by request" should be checked.

Regards,

Ilya